#explorewednesday Why can’t I stop thinking about Paris?



Paris was, is and will be my most beloved city in the world. I fell in love with the capital city of France even before I actually visited. 
What is it about Paris then? Paris is a beautiful place, full of rich history, amazing architecture, fashion, interesting people, it is a place where dreams come true. The city is magical in every way. Wherever I go I find interesting places. Every time I visit, I love it even more. I keep discovering things I haven’t seen before. 
I remember clearly the whole first trip to Paris with my sister. I remember the first time I saw lights coming up from the Eiffel Tower – I screamed and climbed to the top of the stairs in my hotel to finally see it live. There she was – The Iron Lady all beautiful and shining. I will never forget that feeling. Another amazing time I have spent in Paris was when I went there with my best friend. We enjoyed every minute of it 100%. Our favourite time there was just simply walking around the city . What can be better? Sitting at Champs de Mars with a glass of French red wine, camembert and baguette, shopping at Avenue des Champs-Élysées, eating tasty snails in lovely restaurants, trying millions of different wines. That’s what Paris is for. Enjoying life. Paris is the best place for fashion and photography lovers. Every single time I visit the city I take lots and lots of photographs. 

Anyway, where else would I be if I love fashion? Paris has been an international capital of high fashion since the 19th century, particularly in the domain of haute couture, clothing hand-made to order for private clients. It is home to some of the largest fashion houses in the world, including Dior and Chanel, and of many well-known fashion designers, including Karl Lagerfeld, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Christophe Josse and Christian Lacroix. Paris Fashion Week, held in January and July in the Carrousel du Louvre and other city locations, is among the top four events of the international fashion calendar, along with the fashion weeks in Milan, London and New York. Paris is also the home of the world's largest cosmetics company, L'Oréal, and three of the five top global makers of luxury fashion accessories; Louis Vuitton, Hermés and Cartier. 



 “Paris is a city of love and creativity not fear and pain.” 

The day before the 13th November stopped the world for more than just a minute. Calling family and friends living in and outside Paris was the first thing that many people did after seeing the news. The statistics gathered after the attacks by French daily newspaper Le Parisien show that 57 percent of French people are angry, and only 13 percent are scared. I am sure they are scared but they are also very brave. They have to wake up in the morning, take a metro, go to work, and pick up their children from school. But there is also one thing they want to do. The French try to defend their way of life. Life where enjoying a glass of wine on the terrace after work is not a crime, watching a nice play in the theatre full of people is normal. They try to defend their right to be able to freely do whatever they want. Who doesn’t? The attacks changed every day normality, however people don’t want, and won’t let terrorism ruin or change their life. They don’t want to live in fear. Their simple desire is to fully enjoy their life. 

Paris really changed recently, however nothing is going to stop it being still one of the most beautiful cities in the world, most iconic, magical and full of love. Paris is a place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful description, makes me want to visit that magical city!

    ReplyDelete